Some real opportunities for direct marketers
People en Espanol 2005 Hispanic Opinion Tracker, July 23, 2005
Hispanic Ad - People en Español releases their findings from the fourth wave of its comprehensive research study-the Hispanic Opinion Tracker (HOT). "The results from HOT 2005 undeniably report that Spanish-language is very much alive among US Hispanics." says Jackie Hernández-Fallous, Publisher of People en Español.
- 75% of all Hispanics feel loyalty to retailers who advertise to them in Spanish.
- 65% of all Hispanics say that Spanish language is more important to them than it was just five years ago.
- US Dominant Hispanics (21% of the overall Hispanic marketplace) are consuming more Spanish language media than they did three years ago.
For the first time-ever, the HOT study took a deeper dive into category specific consumer behaviors highlighting top advertising industries including beauty, retail, fashion, automotive, food and health. Visit Hispanic Ad
Hispanics are Purchasing at a Higher Rate than the General Population (GenPop):
- Hispanics are spending almost twice as much as the GenPop on clothing and accessories.
- Hispanics are over-indexing on usage of beauty products (hair, makeup and skincare).
- Hispanics are 14% more likely to purchase a new car within the next two years than the GenPop.
- 26% of Hispanics plan on buying a new home within the next 12 months vs. 9% of the GenPop.
Hispanics Have a Passion for Shopping, Sampling & Special Advertising Units:
- Wal-Mart, JC Penney and Sears ranked the top three stores for Hispanics to shop, with Wal-Mart leading the marketplace at 37%.
- 56% of Hispanics love to shop vs. 39% of the GenPop.
- 58% of Hispanics have purchased a retail product after receiving free samples vs. 44% of the GenPop.
- 55% of Hispanics have purchased a perfume after smelling a scent strip vs. 27% of the GenPop.
Hispanics See Celebrities as Key Influencers:
- Jennifer Lopez, Thalia, Salma Hayek & Paulina Rubio ranked the top four Hispanic female celebrities who influence Hispanic women's fashion and style.
- 36% of Hispanic women have purchased fashion-related items, as seen on celebrities vs. 13% of the GenPop.
Hispanics are Viewing Health Issues More Seriously than Ever:
- Heart disease, children's health/diet and diabetes are the top three health concerns for Hispanics.
- 73% of Hispanics always read the fine print in a magazine and/or newspaper pharmaceutical ad vs. 44% of the GenPop.
- 44% of Hispanics always use ingredients that are low in fat and cholesterol when preparing meals vs. 20% of the GenPop.